The Better Read Book Club Competition Official Rules and Conditions
Win books with the Better Read Book Club
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Competition Official Rules and Conditions (and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material) which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter.
3. Simon & Schuster Australia is the Promoter of this competition.
4. Every month Simon & Schuster Australia will randomly select members of the Better Read Book Club to win a) a book selected by the Promoter as an individual member, or b) books selected by the Promoter for every member of their book club registered with the Better Read Book Club, to a maximum of 15 copies per club.
5. Entrants must only enter in their own name. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Winner to provide proof of identity and age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (if required) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
6. To enter and be eligible to win participants must become a member of the Better Read Book Club by registering their details as an individual member or/and register their book club via the submission form at www.BetterReadBookClub.com
7. Participants only need to register themselves or their book club once to be eligible to win books throughout their membership with the Better Read Book Club.
8. Members will receive monthly or bi-monthly emails from the Promoter about recommended book club books.
9. Winners will be chosen at random by the Promoter once a month, at a time and date chosen by the Promoter, from the list of registered individuals and book clubs held by the Promoter.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the entry due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
12. Anyone can become a member of the book club but only residents of New Zealand and Australia aged 18 years and over are eligible to win books. Employees of Simon & Schuster , their affiliates, agencies, and immediate families are not eligible to enter.
13. The information supplied by entrants will be kept by the Promoter for future reference and queries relating to this promotion, and to contact entrants who have a) won this competition or b) indicated they wish to receive further correspondence from the Promoter.
14. The prize for individual members consists of one copy of a book featured and selected by the Better Read Book Club. The price for registered book clubs is one copies of a book featured and selected by the Better Read Book Club for every member of the winning book club (maximum of 15 copies.
15. Prizes will only be posted to one member of the winning book club.
16. Prizes will only be posted to Australian and New Zealand addresses.
17. The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged prizes.
18. The Promoter will not be responsible for any costs or correspondence relating to returns or exchanges of the prize.
19. All aspects of the prize are subject to availability and should any elements of the prize stated above be unavailable at the time of purchase, the Promoter reserves the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
20. The promoter, its contractors, employees and agents, will not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential) as a result of, arising out of or in any way connected with the competition and /or its prizes, except for liability that cannot be excluded by law. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
21. To submit a complete and valid online entry, entrants will be required to provide various personal details which may include full name, email address, residential address, contact phone number/s, age/date of birth and other details for the purpose of verifying eligibility. Any contact details entered incorrectly shall invalidate the entry. Online entry is free however internet connection rates apply.
22. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses or PO Box addresses. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
24. Winners will be drawn, contacted and announced by Simon & Schuster Australia Suite 19A, Level 1, Building C, 450 Miller Street Cammeray NSW 2062.
25. The prize Winner’s name, book club name and locality will be announced publicly through the Simon & Schuster Australia Twitter and Facebook networks, our website and in any publicity relating to the competition.
26. Winners will be contacted by email and asked to confirm their postal address to receive their prize, and also announced through the social media platforms of Simon & Schuster Australia.
27. If the prize is unclaimed within 7 days of the Promoter notifying the Winner by email and through social media announcements, a new prize draw may be held at the discretion of the Promoter and the original Winner will forfeit their prize.
28. All prize items are valued in Australian Dollars inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in item values.The prizes are as stated and are non-transferable or exchangeable. No cash alternatives will be offered.
29. Privacy statement: We will only use and store your personal information for the purposes disclosed to you, including sharing it with any other organisation that helps us provide goods or services to you (eg. Delivering your prize to you). You will only receive marketing material from us if you check the appropriate boxe(s) on your entry form.