"Grey’s vision of a flawed but perfectible mankind stands as an antidote to the cynicism and spiritual malaise prevalent in much contemporary art.”
– The New York Times
“Grey’s work, like all great transcendental art, is not merely symbolic or imaginary: it is a direct invitation to recognize and realize a deeper dimension of our very own being.”
– Ken Wilber, author of Integral Psychology and The Eye of Spirit
“Alex Grey’s visionary art gives form to what shamans see only with the eyes of the Soul. His work opens portals that allow us to perceive the luminous nature of life and of all creation.”
– Alberto Villoldo Ph.D., psychologist, shaman, and author of Healing States and Dance of the Four Win
"Alex Grey is making some of the most beautifully refined imagist work in the country today."
– Walter Hopps, senior curator, Guggenheim Museum and Menil Collection
"A beautiful, unusual work."
– The Midwest Book Review, May 2002
"Grey brings us an ever-deepening visual contemplation on the nature of personal and transpersonal identity."
– Bodhi Tree Bookstore, Winter 2002/Spring 2003
"Grey's portrayals of human beings blend scientific exactitude with visionary depictions of universal life energy. . . . a rare artist embraced by critics, spiritual leaders, and the general public during his lifetime. Grey's art leads us on a transformative journey through the darkness of the material world to the divinely illumined core. . . . an ever-deepening visual contemplation on the nature of personal and transpersonal identity."
– SirReadaLot.org, Oct. 1, 2004
"Alex Grey's art will bring you face to face with your soul and move you to a new level of enlightenment."
– Deepak Chopra, author of The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success