"[A] fast-paced page-turner...Fans of thrillers, sci-fi, and dystopian novels will enjoy this book."
– School Library Connection
"Teens and new adults who love powerful heroines with super-human abilities will appreciate Violet’s character, who is both strong and conflicted...well worth a read-through for fans of science fiction."
"Gripping, with enough action and cerebral elements to please SF fans."
* "A different twist on a post-apocalyptic tale, Falls the Shadow is a very engaging read and hard to put down until the last page."
– VOYA, starred review, on FALLS THE SHADOW
"A kick-ass heroine, nonstop action, a tentative romance and plenty of moral dilemmas...for die-hard fans of Divergent and The Hunger Games."
– Kirkus Reviews, on FALLS THE SHADOW
"A solid debut whose gut-punch ending leaves room for a sequel."
– Publishers Weekly, on FALLS THE SHADOW
"Falls the Shadow is a thrill ride of a book, giving readers a frightening tour of cloning possibilities—and a reminder of the hopeful connections that keep us human. What an intriguing debut for Stefanie Gaither!"
– Margaret Peterson Haddix, New York Times bestselling author, on FALLS THE SHADOW
“Debut author Stefanie Gaither explores what happens when bleeding-edge science collides with the human experience. Highly recommended.”
– Jonathan Maberry, New York Times bestselling author of Rot & Ruin and V-Wars, on FALLS THE SHADOW
"Falls the Shadow offers readers high octane thrills with surprising heart; beneath this story of cloning in a corporate future is the tale of two sisters and the complicated history that binds them. This is a refreshingly real and deeply human book.”
– Phoebe North, author of Starglass, on FALLS THE SHADOW
"Eerie from page one, Falls the Shadow offers a rare thing: a real mystery set at the heart of a thriller. Gaither’s debut bristles with action, but it’s also built on the complicated ground of how we love the sisters and brothers who are thrown into our lives—the people who are closest to us in the world, but in some ways will always be unknowable."
– Amy Rose Capetta, author of Entangled, on FALLS THE SHADOW
"A smart, futuristic thriller that grabs you and doesn't let go until the very last page. This is a fantastic debut from Stefanie Gaither.”
– Kristi Helvig, author of Burn Out, on FALLS THE SHADOW
"Gaither has laid a solid foundation with this intriguing concept and compelling characters."
– SLJ, on FALLS THE SHADOW
"Gaither’s debut dystopia is thoughtful and thrilling."
– Booklist, on FALLS THE SHADOW