“Kudos to Alison Macklin for creating a book to help parents and teens talk more honestly and frequently about sex and sexuality. We know that when parents and teens communicate more about these topics, teens make healthier decisions. This fun, up to date, accurate and easy to understand guide will help families to connect more about these absolutely critical issues.”
– Leslie M. Kantor, PhD, MPH, Vice President, Education, Planned Parenthood Federation of America
"Making Sense if 'It' is the Our Bodies, Our Selves for today: comprehensive, unbiased, medically accurate, and respectful. This should be on the bookshelf and nightstand of every household so that caregivers and youth alike can read it, discuss it, and learn from it. A reliable resource for all things related to sexual and reproductive health."
– Pat Paluzzi, DrPH, CNM, President and CEO Healthy Teen Network
"This book is a must read for all teenagers and parents of teens, about a subject that is often hard to talk about: sex. Author Alison Macklin gives great, practical, actionable advice on how to keep communication open and honest."
– Jason Woods MD, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, creator of Little Patients, Big Medicine
“I loved it! Alison Macklin offers teen readers honest, engaging, and at times humorous information about puberty, sex and sexuality. The book is chock-full of useful suggestions for parents as well, providing tips to start conversations with their teens and keep the lines of communication open during the sometimes bumpy road through puberty and adolescence.”
– Debra Hauser, President of Advocates for Youth
“This book provides excellent information about sexual health and important advice for staying healthy and having good relationships. The overview of sex and sexuality will be extremely useful for teens and parents alike.”
– Connie Newman, MD Adjunct Professor of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, and President 2018-2019 American Medical Women’s Association
"In this rapidly changing world of sexuality, gender and relationships Alison Macklin’s new book is just the resource teens need be ready for the wonderful world of sex and relationships. With her smarts, experience, and guidance, teens of all genders and orientations will get just what they need to make great choices."
– Amy Lang, MA, founder Birds & Bees & Kids and author, Dating Smarts - What Every Teen Needs to Date, Relate or Wait!