• The first book devoted exclusively to aromatic hydrosols--gentle, water-based plant extracts that expand the healing, cosmetic, and culinary applications of aromatherapy.
• The newest development in the field of aromatherapy.
• The homeopathic form of aromatic treatment that is the perfect complement to other forms of vibrational medicine.
• A comprehensive reference with more than 100 recipes and formulas for using hydrosols as well as sources of supply.
• With an introduction by Kurt Schnaubelt, author of Advanced Aromatherapy and Medical Aromatherapy.
Hydrosols is one of the most anticipated books in the world of holistic health because it introduces a revolutionary new use of essential oils in aromatic treatment. Hydrosols, or hydrolates, are the pure, water-based solutions created when essential oils are steam distilled. Through this process, a potent, yet subtle form of medicine is created, one that is able to be ingested as well as applied directly to the skin, unlike most pure essential oils. In fact, hydrosols are considered the homeopathic version of aromatherapy, and as such are ideal for use with children, animals, and those with fragile immune systems.
Suzanne Catty details the specifics of 67 hydrosols, provides formulas to treat more than 50 health concerns, and offers 40 delicious recipes in which hydrosols can be used. Her section on pets will help owners deal with urinary tract and digestive problems as well as grooming and odor issues. She also shows how hydrosols can be used with other forms of vibrational medicine and with feng shui, geomancy, and dowsing.
Suzanne Catty is North America's preeminent researcher and advocate of hydrosols. A professional aromatherapist, she is the founder of Acqua Vita, a company specializing in hydrosols and essential oils. She lives in Toronto, Ontario.
"Suzanne Catty performs a great service to us all in bringing forth from obscurity this aspect of plant medicine, which is both ancient and modern."
– Robert Tisserand, Author The Art of Aromatherapy, Co-author Essentail Oils Safety, Founder The Inter
"This book is really a must for every aromatherapist who longs for this 'missing link'. At last, Suzanne Catty bridges the gap and opens a door that will lead the reader into a world where science and intuition arking harmoniously for helping us recover a natural and vibrant health and bring the best out of each of us, physically and spiritually."
– Daniel Penoel, MD, Author Home Health Using Essential Oils, Co-author L'aromatherapie exatement, Dir
"Hydrosols: The NextAromatherapy puts aromatherapy in its safest form at the disposal of every interested enthusiast. The sheer wealth of carefully assembled empirical data will answer many hither to unanswered questions about how to use hydrosols for many different conditions."
– Kurt Schnaubelt, PhD, Author of Medical Aromatherapy and Advanced Aromatherapy, Director The Pacific
"This important work stretches the boundaries of aromatherapy to include experiential information on aromatic hydrosols, the homeopathic marriage of herbs and essential oils."
– Mindy Green, Author of Natural Perfumes and Calendula, Co-author Aromatherapy A complete Guide to th
"You cannot imagine how thrilled I was, to discover Suzanne Catty when she presented a paper at a conference I attended in San Francisco in 1998. Now, having been gifted with the opportunity of reading several chapters of her book, I am absolutely awed. I was fascinated by the material and overwhelmed by her generosity and total openness in sharing this information with all of us. Nothing is held back. Nothing. Every conceivable aspect that one could wish to know about hydrosols is covered--not only for the consumer, but also for the manufacturer and retailer as well."
– Pamela Parsons, Holistic Practitioner, Editor, The Aromatic Thymes magazine
"A revolutionary book on the new use of essential oils in aromatic treatment."
Get our latest book recommendations, author news, and competitions right to your inbox.
Thank you for signing up, fellow book lover!
Tell us what you like and we'll recommend books you'll love.