PREP 5 mins
COOK 5 mins
This is incredibly easy to throw together – delicious comfort food with lots of flavour to lift the spirits. You also get a healthy blast of omega-3 fish oils. On a non-fast day, you could serve it with a small portion of wholewheat or soba noodles.
- 1 tbsp olive or canola oil
- 200g frozen edamame, baby broad beans or peas
- 1 × 320–350g pack stir-fry vegetables
- 160g sweet chilli hot smoked salmon, or any hot smoked or poached salmon, skin removed, flaked into large chunks
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, to serve
- dash sriracha or Tabasco (optional), to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add the edamame and cook for 1 minute, or until beginning to thaw. Add the mixed vegetables and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the salmon to the pan and cook for 1–2 minutes, or until hot, turning everything gently to avoid breaking up the fish too much.
- Serve in warmed bowls sprinkled with the soy sauce and sriracha or Tabasco, if using.
You’ll find edamame beans in the frozen food section of larger supermarkets – make sure you choose the ones that have already been podded.
PER SERVING 436 cals | PROTEIN 34g | CARBS 18g | FAT 23g | FIBRE 9g