PREP 10 mins
COOK 12 mins
Prawns, lemon and chilli are generally a winning combination. Here we have swapped in some zoodles, so you get the luxurious feel of pasta but with far fewer calories.
- 40g dried wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 large zucchini, trimmed and spiralized or peeled into ribbons, or use a pack of zoodles
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 200g cooked, peeled prawns, thawed if frozen and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed or finely grated
- 1–1½ tsp crushed dried chilli flakes
- finely grated zest and juice 1 small lemon
- Half fill a large pan with water and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the pack instructions. Stir in the zoodles for the last 15–20 seconds of the cooking time. Drain the pasta and zoodles in a colander and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan, add the prawns, garlic and chilli and fry over a medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until heated through, stirring regularly. Don’t overcook the prawns or they will toughen.
- Add the spaghetti and zoodles, lemon zest and juice to the pan. Toss together well, season with salt and plenty of ground black pepper and serve in warmed bowls.
You can use raw prawns but you will need to cook them for 1–2 minutes before adding the chilli and garlic. They should be hot and pink throughout before tossing with the spaghetti and zoodle
PER SERVING 271 cals | PROTEIN 21.5g | CARBS 16g | FAT 12.5g | FIBRE 4