PREP 10 mins
COOK 10 mins
This is adapted from a particularly popular recipe in our Fast 800 online program. With a wide Portobello mushroom as a base and a delicious tomato and mozzarella topping, it has all the flavour of a traditional pizza but only a fraction of the calories.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano, plus some fresh oregano leaves (optional), to serve
- 4 Portobello or large flat mushrooms (each around 90g)
- 3–4 tbsp tomato purée
- 6–8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 100g ready-grated mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6 and lightly grease a baking tray.
- Mix the olive oil, garlic and oregano in a small bowl.
- Place the mushrooms on the tray, stalk side up, and spread each one thickly with the tomato purée. Top with the sliced tomatoes and drizzle with the olive oil mixture. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and season with a little salt and plenty of ground black pepper. Bake for 8–10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and has started to brown.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh oregano leaves, if using, and lots of green vegetables or a large salad.
Add extra protein by topping each mushroom with anchovy fillets, chorizo or salami. But don’t forget to add the extra calories.
PER SERVING 287 cals | PROTEIN 15.5g | CARBS 6g | FAT 22g | FIBRE 3g