Elementary school provides foundational development and education for students, and there is much that a new teacher must consider when taking on the responsibility of shaping young minds. In The New Elementary Teacher’s Handbook, veteran educators give first-year teachers a multitude of classroom-tested strategies for those critical first days of school. New teachers need just as much guidance as students in order for everyone to come away with a valuable learning experience. This authoritative handbook gives teachers practical and thorough instruction on:
· Organizing the classroom and preparing engaging and effective lesson plans
· Teaching using technology and the Internet
· Dealing with difficult parents and conducting conferences
· Motivating students and increasing positive interactions
· Balancing personal and professional matters
With resources, samples, templates, homework contracts, strategies, checklists, and proven solutions to everyday challenges, this book shows teachers how to turn their plans into effective strategies in the classroom. Rest assured that you are not alone, and you will succeed!
Get our latest book recommendations, author news, and competitions right to your inbox.
Thank you for signing up, fellow book lover!
Tell us what you like and we'll recommend books you'll love.