"This is a witty and wise story of a woman who found success and satisfaction working as an investor in the pointy-end of the finance industry—hedge funds. Dominique tells it all, in a way that entertains and inspires both the veteran investor and the aspiring novice."
– Amanda Pullinger, Chief Executive Officer of 100 Women in Finance
"Dominique Mielle tells the story of her hedge fund career with humor and élan, in a way that illuminates both twenty years of hedge fund history and what it took to be one of the few women of her generation to reach the top ranks of finance."
– Professor Jonathan Levin, Dean of the Stanford Graduate School of Business, Philip H. Knight Professor, Senior Fellow at the Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research
"Dominique Mielle delivers a witty and inspiring must-read primer on hedge funds. To any woman considering a finance career, and to anyone invested or interested in hedge funds...read this book."
– Mariam Naficy, Serial Entrepreneur, Founder and CEO of Minted, Author of "The Fast Track: The Insider's Guide to Winning Jobs in Management Consulting, Investment Banking, & Securities Trading"
"Mielle offers an insider's view of what it's like to be a woman hedge fund manager in an industry overwhelmingly dominated by men. Over a twenty-year career, she describes rising through the ranks to Partner of a $24 billion hedge fund complex with a combination of intelligence, hard work, and an unwillingness to be minimized by genderism."
– Scott Richland, Chief Investment Officer of the California Institute of Technology, at $3 billion endowment, Guest Lecturer at Stanford, CalTech, and UCLA
"A funny account of the inner workings of the hedge fund industry from a unique female voice, helpful to both asset management practitioners and aspiring investment professionals."
– Simon Lack, Author of "The Hedge Fund Mirage," Founder of SL Advisors and the JPMorgan Incubator
"With her impeccable style, good humor, and an immigrant's common sense, Dominique Mielle treats us to her story—how she made money, and her mark, as one of the country's few women hedge fund investors. A funny, fearless frolic."
– Meridee Moore, Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Watershed Asset Management and Board Member of BlackRock Capital